How to energize your chakras and connect them to heal your mind and body
- Sit in a comfortable position, preferably cross-legged on the floor, but with your spine held upright. (If a newbie finds this position uncomfortable, they may sit on a cushion on the floor with the legs in front of the body). Next, you must tilt your pelvis forward while your spine bends forward through gravity.
- Relax in that position for a few minutes by taking a few deep breaths. Hold each breath for a short period and exhale slowly while making yourself relax. Clear your mind, but don’t try to control it. Learn to watch your thoughts drifting away as they vanish out of sight.
- Each chakra as you know has a specific colour. Commence by visualizing the crown chakra as a deep violet ball of light hovering over your head. Spend a few moments visualizing this chakra before moving on to the next which is the third eye. It’s an indigo colour ball of light in the middle of the forehead. In the same manner move from one chakra to the other; the throat chakra, a blue ball of light, the heart chakra, a green ball of light, the one in the solar plexus, an yellow ball of light, the sacral in orange and lastly the root chakra as a red ball of light.
- While moving from one chakra to the next you have to keep connecting them and imagine the light moving and joining from one chakra to the other.
- The final task is to visualize a column of white light that flows from your crown chakra to the spine and then to each of the other chakras, one by one. When doing this, visualize the chakras as a white ball of energy. You can also visualize the white light go deep into the earth or direct its energy to those you think need help to heal.